What's for Dinner on Welcome Street?

As a working mom, I find myself trying to find quick easy recipes in hopes of sharing with others who feel as frazzled after work as I do! I thought I'd put them on my blog in hopes of maybe helping someone else who is looking for a easy recipe.

Taco Soup
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1 (1.25 oz) package of mild taco seasoning
1 (15 oz) can of Pinto Beans rinsed and drained
1 cup whole kernel corn
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of sugar (or Splenda)

Optional: Add onions and peppers when browning beef

1. Heat large pot over medium-high and coat with cooking spray.
2. Add beef, cook for three minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Stir frequently.
3.Add seasoning and remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.

Top with low fat sour cream

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment