Salsa-Style Corn Fusilli from Cleaning Eating Magazine




Last night we had leftovers for dinner in addition to the most delicious summer salad! The salad calls for fusilli pasta which I could not find so I used regular Rotelle pasta and it tasted great. Being the novice cook I am - I am not too sure what the difference between the two are but I'm thinking it's the actual grains that make the pasta (wheat vs. corn?) . Anyone know? I adapted the recipe slightly to meet our needs using the Rotelle and also canned black beans instead of dried. Happy Cooking!

Salsa-Style Corn Fusilli
Ingredients
2 cups uncooked fusilli (or Rotelle pasta, as I used)

1 can of organic black beans, rinsed well

1 large tomato

3/4 cup finely diced red onion

1 mango, peeled and diced

1 avocado

juice 2 limes

3 TBSP EVOO

1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves

1/4 tsp of salt and pepper

Instructions

1. Prepare pasta according to package, then drain and rinse well.
2. In a large bowl, add beans, tomato, onion and mango. Pit, peel and dice avocado. Immediately toss in lime juice.
3. Add pasta to bowl with vegetables and toss to combine. Add oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Eat at room temperature or chill and serve!


Nutrients per 1 cup:
254 Calories, Total Fat 12g, Sat Fat 1 g, Carbs 33g, Fiber 8g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 77mg

No comments:

Post a Comment