Crock Pot Cookin'


Crock Pot Cookin' tonight!

Today has been an extremely busy day with the Global Leadership Summit (hosted by Christ Community Church) sandwiched by shuttling the little one to and from his last day of Summer Camp. As he catches his daily afternoon nap, I am anxiously awaiting our return to the Leadership Summit Conference this afternoon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, check out www.willowcreek.com. It's incredible leadership wisdom and a call to action. Bill Hybels was the first speaker this morning and he challenged his audience with 5 reflection questions about themselves as leaders. Words that have stayed with me from his opening session are "Are you making excuses or creating solutions?" There are very detailed summaries on the WCA blog. Visit it at http://www.wcablog.com/. You won't be disappointed!

Anyway, we are very much out of our normal routine. The gym has been put on hold for the last two weeks and cooking has been as well. Though I am anxious to get back into our routine I've enjoyed the company we've hosted and events/activities we've been blessed to attend! However this post this is for Marti! My HCS teacher friend who asked me today, "What is for dinner?" I thought on her first day back to school I couldn't leave her empty handed. So, Marti, we are having a fancy-free, crock pot masterpiece with ingredients pulled out of the freezer and pantry early this morning. If you hadn't asked, my family probably would be having cold cut sandwiches at 7:30 tonight after we get home from the Summit. So, they thank you! And, I thank you! Hope you and all my other dear HCS friends had a wonderful first day back! Today is the first year out of the last several that instead of Staff Development I was enlightened with spiritual and personal development through the Global Leadership Summit event. It felt very strange today not being in a classroom but - also very purposed - that I was instead sitting, 4 months pregnant, at a Leadership Summit, listening to God's prompting of my heart for His purpose as I learn how I can be a leader outside of the walls of a classroom and beyond my identity as a teacher. I am so thankful to Him.


So, here is What's for Dinner tonight! Marti, thank you again for asking!
Boneless Pork Chops with Vegetables adapted from: The Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 cups lowfat cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup nonfat chicken broth
1 lb boneless pork chops
1 tsp. pepper
1 10oz bag of frozen veggies (I used peas because it was what was on hand)
6-7 small red potatoes

Cook on low heat 4-5 hours. Stir mixture and serve!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you started a personal/family blog! I hope you enjoy your time at home this school year :)

    Oh... and I love the recipes on here. I'm going to have to try a few! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I just saw your comment today! I'm still evolving in my blogging and may need some lessons from you! I love your blog. I am slowly learning how to do more than just post! While I was blogging for my classroom, I never had time to read and research how to get better at blogging!! Best wishes to you this year! Are you doing Hearts' Stories still? Is there anything I can help you with?

    ReplyDelete