An Open Door

By: Rebekah Page
We recently were staying with our neighbors for the last bit of our remodel.  One morning, we were meeting with a sub-contractor and our children were running back and forth between the two houses (despite me telling them not to).  


Returning to my neighbors, the doors were found wide open where bugs, mosquitoes, flies, and potential intruders were permitted entrance.


No one or anything was hurt, and despite my parental failure, I was seeking a Godly-reason as to why He allowed this to happen. Why had my children disobeyed? Why didn’t I leave my house to discipline and check on them at the neighbors?Why had they left the doors open?


It wasn’t until later that I got a sense of the Holy Spirit asking me, “What doors have you left open in your past?  Why are you allowing bugs in now? What intruders are lurking about your doorways ready to take advantage of your open-door? Have you forgotten to be on guard?  Are you allowing Me to be your gate, and gate keeper? Am I your way in and out of this world?

Researching this post I found this:
“What He opens, no one will shut; and what He shuts, no one will open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door, which no one can shut (Revelation 3:7b-8a)”.


Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).  “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matthew 7: 13-14).”


I want be one of the ones that finds LIFE. Don’t you!


It begins by allowing  the Holy Spirit to lead and direct our path(s).  That means, when we leave or deal within our homes, we must go through the filter of the Holy Spirit before we think or act.  


We need to get quiet before we move.



We must listen and act in His good pleasures as He places them before us.

This causes us to show that God is at work within us to the world.

We must remember what Christ did for us and desire to obey God with deep reverence.



We must think and act on His behalf because His ways are best. 



If I am honest with God and my fellow man, am I allowing Him to make His good pleasures "my" good pleasure?

They should be intertwined.


A teenage-girl in my neighborhood looks lonely swinging on the pre-k swings. She doesn't get a conversation today because I do not stop. Is that the love of God?

Faith without actions is dead.

We need FAITH to trust that His promptings are good enough AND then WE must WALK through the doors He is asking us to walk through one open door at a time. WE must BRING heaven to earth with OUR actions.


I need you (Jesus)!
I give you my life.


I surrender it to you.





Do you allow yourself time to listen to Him? Do you wait to follow His direction in the simple and everyday decisions you will be making? Do you allow Him to change you? Do you believe He is good and that His love is great? Do you believe you are broken and will you give Him your life?


We need Him.

We need Him to break us apart, to pierce through the dark, and to cleanse every part of us.


Will you walk through the open door He is calling you into today?

Praying we take a step of faith in action today to change the course of this world!

Love, Rebekah








No comments:

Post a Comment